Friday, December 3, 2010 at 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm – Rain of Shine
The community is invisted to enjoy an evening of entertainment and holiday cheer at the historic waterfront in Jack London Square. Festivities include:
- Lighting of the Jack London Square 55 foot red fir tree, decorated with over 5,000 LED lights;
- KBLX Rising Star Talent Competition, open to kids between 5 and 14 years old, and hosted by KBLX DJ Sterling James;
- Fresh snow flurries every half an hour from 6 pm to 10 pm every night until January 2;
- Meet and greet with live reindeer;
- Meet and greet with beloved PBS characters Mr. Steve, Miss Rosa, and others;
- Up-close preview of holiday floats that will be featured in the 11th Annual America’s Children’s Holiday Parade;
- Holiday caroling from local choir groups;
- Arts and crafts for the kids presented by Museum of Children’s Art;
- 31st Annual Mayor’s Toy Drive and Alameda County Food Bank food drive;
- Holiday pop-up shopping for local gifts.
Jack London Square Waterfront at Broadway and Embarcadero
In case of inclement weather, the festivities will begin in The Pavilion and commence with a brief tree lighting ceremony outdoors. Please follow directional signage throughout the square.
There is ample covered parking available for visitors.
For event day updates, please contact Vanessa Cordova: 510/439-6293.